Jan 7, 2008

Abscense from posting ........

I have not concluded my post on CIM as I left on vacation last week without writting out a few posts in advance. I don't plan on writting anything the rest of my vacation and will resume when I get back.

In the meantime here is an example of a fairly common occurance when dealing with small/micro cap stocks -- unrelated and uncommon businesses. Attached below is a business description for EEI, a stock I decided to not research further for a reason I don't remember and a company I looked at for a reason I can't now recall. The highlighted part made me chuckle.......

"Ecology and Environment, Inc., an environmental consulting firm, provides professional services worldwide. The company offers a range of environmental consulting services, including environmental planning, management, and regulatory compliance support. It provides engineering design, and operation and maintenance; environmental emergency management; and environmental sustainability. Ecology and Environment, Inc. offers environmental services encompassing audits and impact assessments, surveys, air and water quality management, environmental engineering, environmental infrastructure planning, and industrial hygiene and occupational health studies. ....................In addition, it produces tilapia fish for markets in the Middle East."

* DISCLOSURE: I or accounts I manage may be long or short any and/or all stocks mentioned in this post. This is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. For informational and educational purposes only.

No comments: